Useful Legal Links:
- Legal Services Society of BC has a great family law website – http://www.familylaw.lss.bc.ca/ – There is a special section for grandparents.
- JP Boyd on Family, written in plain language and provides practical, in-depth coverage of family law and divorce law in British Columbia.
- Clicklaw Wikibooks help the public in British Columbia find and use legal information.
- Family Justice Centres Family Justice Centres operate across BC to provide services to British Columbians going through separation or divorce. Each centre is staffed by accredited Family Justice Counsellors, specially trained to help families with parenting arrangements, contact with a child, guardianship, and support issues. They can help parents resolve disagreements without going to court. They provide short-term counselling, mediation, emergency and community referrals and other free services.
- “Your Rights on Reserve – a Legal Tool-kit for Aboriginal Women in BC. “ Tool-kit created by Aboriginal women, for Aboriginal women. Click here to download: Your Rights on Reserve – a Legal Tool-kit for Aboriginal Women in British Columbia
Criminal Record Check for Out-of-Care Care Providers
- To view the handout, please click Criminal-Record-Check
Books on Grandparents & Kinship Care can be found at your local library:
Other Useful Links / Programs: