Are you a kinship caregiver raising a child or youth with significant, complex needs?
The Ministry for Children and Family Development has launched Enhanced Out-of-Care Support Agreements.
These agreements are for children needing enhanced supports who are currently on Extended Family Program Agreements, interim or temporary Custody orders to a person other than a parent, or permanent transfers of custody.
Out-of-Care Arrangements are:
• An Extended Family Program (EFP) Agreement under s. 8;
• An interim custody order to a person other than a parent under s. 35(2)(d);
• A temporary custody order to a person other than a parent under s. 41(1)(b), s.
• A permanent transfer of custody to a person other than a parent (following an EFP Agreement or a temporary custody order) under s. 54.01;
• A permanent transfer of custody to a person other than a parent (following a continuing custody order) under s. 54.1
MCFD says, the “Enhanced Out-of-Care Support Agreements will provide comprehensive, wrap-around supports for children and youth living with needs complex enough to impact their day-to-day lives in a profound way.”
If you are wondering, “What is significant, complex”? Is my child eligible? Please check out MCFD’s Eligibility Flyer here.
If you need support understanding whether your kinship care arrangement meets the out-of-care agreement requirement, please call the PSS Kinship Care Help Line at 1-855-474-9777 (Toll free).