Volunteers are essential to our mission.
Scroll down to learn more and join us today!
Volunteer facilitators are the backbone of our program. These volunteers work with our Parenting Support Circles which meet across the province, in different languages and with diverse caregivers. During COVID-19, our volunteer facilitators are running support circles online. Click here for volunteer facilitator opportunities!
General volunteers assist in our office or help out with events. To find out more please call our Burnaby office at 604-669-1616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that during COVID-19, in-person events are temporarily postponed until a safer date.
Steering committee members support our Circle Programs by providing knowledge and ideas and connecting with the local communities we serve. Click here for steering committee opportunities!
Childminders work with children during Circle meetings so that caregivers are able to participate and share freely. During COVID-19, our support circles are being run online.
Board of Directors are also volunteers. We currently have 2 Board positions open! Click here to learn more.
A network of committed volunteers form the backbone of our Support Circle program.
In 2020-2021 PSS had 109 volunteer facilitators who contributed 3286 hours to our organization.
The average volunteer commitment to PSS is 26.6 months.
Join PSS Volunteer Facebook Group
Join to stay informed about new volunteer opportunities and connect fellow PSS volunteers.
To find out more about volunteering at PSS and our facilitator training opportunities, scroll down or contact:
- 604-669-1616 (Greater Vancouver)
- 1-877-345-9777 (No charge toll free line, Greater Vancouver)
- Monday through Friday from 9 am – 5 pm
- At other times, you can leave a voicemail message or send an email, to email@example.com which will be returned promptly
Join our Board!
Be a part of Parent Support Services Board of Directors, and be involved in the long-term, big-picture mission of PSS.
Current open positions:
Treasurer – Click here for more details (open until position is filled)
Member at Large – Click here for more details (open until position is filled)
To apply, click the button below or visit: bit.ly/pssboard
Become a Support Circle Facilitator!
Next training cycle: Now open!
Self-paced course: Currently on-going
Upcoming Live sessions:
- Thursday, February 16 & 23 @ 7:00 to 9:00 pm
- Saturday, February 25 @ 9:30 to 11:30 am
Connect with and support other caregivers and families, build your skills and empower yourself, and become an essential part of our support programs.
Our Parenting Support Circles are for Parents, Grandparents, and other Kinship Caregivers in different communities throughout BC.
Our Circles are based on a self-help, peer support model which provides a safe space for Circle members to get together and discuss their strengths, challenges or concerns about their parenting role; builds a supportive network & skills; receives emotional support; develops self-advocacy skills; empowers and boosts self-esteem; and helps create a healthier living environment for all families.
Are you someone who:
- Has good listening skills
- Has an interest in supporting parents/caregivers and child relationships
- Has a basic understanding of child development & parenting issues
- Is willing to do some community outreach & development
- Is comfortable with using Zoom for online meetings
- Has good organizational & communication skills
- Can commit to a minimum of 1 year, 3-5 hours a week.
- Can participate in an interview process
Our Free Initial Facilitator Training takes place virtually using a wonderful combination of self-paced learning models and Live Zoom Sessions.
The training takes on average 20 hours to complete. It includes:
- ~10 hours of self-paced learning which must be completed before the Live Zoom Sessions
- ~10 hours Live Sessions (these are 5 two hour sessions which are scheduled in advance)
Requirements for online facilitator training:
- Internet or WiFi
- Device to use online platform for e-learning
- Interviews and reference checks on an ongoing basis
If you want more information, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
To sign up to be a volunteer facilitator click the button below or visit: bit.ly/pssvolunteers
Join our steering committees!
Connect with others, strengthen your community, and make an impact on the lives of others, with opportunities for professional development and networking.
Are you someone who loves to support their local communities? Are you a part of the following communities in the Lower Mainland: Hispanic/Spanish, Chinese, or Filipino? We are looking for Volunteer Steering Committee Members!