Volunteers are essential to our mission.
Scroll down to learn more and join us today!
Volunteer facilitators are the backbone of our program. These volunteers work with our Parenting Support Circles which meet across the province, in different languages and with diverse caregivers. During COVID-19, our volunteer facilitators are running support circles online. Click here for volunteer facilitator opportunities!
General volunteers assist in our office, or help out with events. To find out more please call our Burnaby office at 604-669-1616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that during COVID-19, in-person events are temporarily postponed until a safer date.
Steering committee members support our Circle Programs by providing knowledge and ideas, and connecting with the local communities we serve. Click here for steering committee opportunities!
Childminders work with children during Circle meetings so that caregivers are able to participate and share freely. During COVID-19, our support circles are being run online.
Board of Directors are also volunteers. To express interest in applying for the Board, please email email@example.com with “Board of Directors Application” in the subject heading.
A network of committed volunteers form the backbone of our Support Circle program.
In 2020-2021 PSS had 109 volunteer facilitators who contributed 3286 hours to our organization.
The average volunteer commitment to PSS is 26.6 months.
To find out more about volunteering at PSS and our facilitator training opportunities, scroll down or contact:
- 604-669-1616 (Greater Vancouver)
- 1-877-345-9777 (No charge toll free line, Greater Vancouver)
- Monday through Friday from 9 am – 5 pm
- At other times, you can leave a voicemail message or send an email, to firstname.lastname@example.org which will be returned promptly
Join our steering committees!
Connect with others, strengthen your community, make an impact on the lives of others, with opportunities for professional development and networking.
Are you someone who loves to support their local communities? Are you a part of the following communities in the Lower Mainland: Hispanic/Spanish, Chinese, or Filipino? We are looking for Volunteer Steering Committee Members!
Become a Support Circle Facilitator!
Connect with and support other caregivers and families, build your skills and empower yourself, and become an essential part of our support programs.
Join Our Team:
Our Parenting Support Circles are for Parents, Grandparents, and other Kinship Caregivers in different communities throughout BC.
Our Circles are based on a self-help, peer support model which provides a safe space for Circle members to get together and discuss their strengths, challenges or concerns about their parenting role; builds a supportive network & skills; receives emotional support; develops self-advocacy skills; empowers and boosts self-esteem; and helps create a healthier living environment for all families.
Read below for more information and to join!
Are you someone who:
- Has good listening skills
- Has an interest in supporting parents/caregivers and child relationships
- Has a basic understanding of child development & parenting issues
- Is willing to do some community outreach & development
- Is comfortable with using Zoom for online meetings
- Has good organizational & communication skills
- Can commit to a minimum of 1 year, 3-5 hours a week.
- Can participate in an interview process
Our Free Initial Facilitator Training takes place virtually using a wonderful combination of self paced learning models and Live Zoom Sessions.
The training takes approximately 20 hours to complete. It includes:
- 10 hours of self paced learning which must be completed before the Live Zoom Sessions
- 10 hours Live Sessions (these are 5 two hour sessions which are scheduled in advance)
Here are our upcoming Initial Facilitator Training cycles scheduled. Note that you only need to attend one facilitator training cycle. Keep an eye out for more in the future if you can’t make the ones below!
Cycle 3 November 18, 20, 25, 27, & December 2 (application deadline passed)
- Cycle 4 (2022) February 3, 5, 10, 23 & 27 (accepting applications – apply now)
Application deadline passed – See Cycle 4 for our next training cycle!
Accepting Applications now (click here!)
To participate in the Cycle 4 Initial Training the application deadline is December 1st, 2021
The self paced modules can be completed between January 3rd and January 26th
Live Zoom sessions on:
- Thursdays February (2022) 3rd, 10th, and 17th @ 7-9 pm
- Saturdays February (2022) 5th and 12th @ 9:30-11:30 am
Requirements for online facilitator training:
- Internet or WiFi
- Device to use online platform for e-learning
- Interviews and reference checks on an ongoing basis
If you want more information, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or call
To sign up to be a volunteer facilitator click the button below or visit: bit.ly/pssvolunteerform