1. PSS Parenting Book Clubs are co-facilitated online
1. PSS Parenting Book Clubs are co-facilitated online using Zoom by trained volunteer facilitators. They are committed to reading the book along with the book club participants and preparing themselves to facilitate discussion about the book chapter by chapter over 8 weeks.
2. The facilitators are not experts
The facilitators are not experts. We believe that participants are their own experts on their family, the facilitators role is to support and encourage the discussion about the book and how it might apply.
3. Participants must have access to the book
Participants must have access to the book being discussed for the duration of the book club. The book can be bought or borrowed, and the book can be paperback, e-book or audio book, according to each participants preference.
4. Book Clubs are smaller in Size
Book clubs are smaller in size than workshops and participants are requested to have their video camera on for as much of the meeting as possible.
5. Participants must come prepared
Participants are asked to read the assigned chapter and come to the book club meeting each week prepared to share their thoughts and experiences about the reading.