Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (GRG) Support Circles are free, weekly gatherings are for anyone who is raising a family member’s child to safely share their challenges, receive support and understanding for their roles as caregivers. Groups meet regularly, and child-minding assistance or onsite child-minding is available if needed. Please be aware that the Support Circles are not a drop-in program and we do not advertize the exact locations of all the Circles for safety and privacy reasons. Please contact our GRG Support Line to get more information or to join a Circle. 1-855-474-9777 or email email@example.com
During COVID 19. We are operating on-line GRG Circles. Please click here for more info:
Indigenous Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Online Support Circle – click here Indig. GRG Online
Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley
Abbotsford – Grandparents Raising Grandchildren (GRG) Support Circle
- Evenings – Twice Monthly – Mon 6:00-9:00 pm Downloadable pdf poster GRG Abbotsford
Chilliwack GRG Support Circle
Langley GRG Support Circle
- Afternoons – Every 2nd Thurs 3:00-5:00 pm
Coquitlam GRG Support Circle
- Evenings – Every 2nd Wed 6:00-8:00 pm
Vancouver (Mount Pleasant) GRG Support Circle
- Evenings – Weekly – Thurs 6:15-8:15 pm.
For locations & information on Circles and Events in the region – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (250)384-8042
Central/Northern Vancouver Island
For locations & information on Circles and Events in the region – email email@example.com or call (250)468-9658
Duncan Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Circle
- Monthly Thursday evenings
Nanaimo Daytime Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Circle
- Monthly – Tuesdays 9:30-11:30 am
Nanaimo Evening – Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Circle
- Monthly Wednedays
Comox Valley Aboriginal GRG Support Circle – Courtenay
- Monthly – Last Thursday of the Month – 7:00-8:30 pm
Port Alberni Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Circle
- The Port Alberni group is currently inactive. Grandparents are welcome to call the Central Island Coordinator at 250.468.9658 or call the GRG Information and Support Line at 1.855.474.9777.
Parksville Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Circle
- Monthly – Friday Morning
For locations & information on Circles and Events in the Sunshine Coast – email firstname.lastname@example.org call 1-877-345-9777
Powell River Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Circle
- 1st & 3rd Thursdays Mornings
For locations & information on Circles and Events in Prince George – contact Kim Brown. Kim can be reached at (250) 962-0600 or by email at email@example.com.
- Prince George Native Friendship Centre Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Support Circle (1600 3rd Ave) Grand parenting support group for grandparents who are raising and/or the primary caregivers for their grandchildren. No cost. Every Tue 10:00am – 12pm. Call 250-962-0600 for more details. Download flyer here
- Salmon Arm Grandparent & Kinship Care Circle – Every 2nd and 4th Thursday from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm (For information and to register, call GRG Support Line 1-855-474-9777 OR Mary (250-833-6379) OR Jennifer (250-517-7557)
For locations & information on Circles and Events in Kamloops – email firstname.lastname@example.org call 1-855-474-9777
- GRG Kamloops Circle – Call 1-855-474-9777 to register.
For locations & information on Circles and Events in the Okanagan – email email@example.com call 1-855-474-9777
- GRG Circle in Kelowna Mondays 10-12 noon. For more information please call Kelowna Community Resources 250-763-8008 ext 125; Kelowna Family Centre 250-860-3181 or the GRG Support Line at 1-855-474-977. Download flyer here.